Core Skills for Mediation Advocacy Trainers & Assessors
A one-day introductory training course leading to membership of the UK-based Association of Mediation Assessors, Trainers and Instructors (AMATI) and as an Advocacy Trainer and / or Assessor of the International Dispute Resolution and Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI).
Key Learning Objectives
- Teaching mediation advocacy as an essential tool in practice development
- Preparing for mediation – role of the client, role of the advocate
- Using the mediator, using the process
- Identifying option generation for client gain
- Understanding what mediation advocates have to know
- The nature of assessing candidates for accreditation in mediation advocacy
- Practical methodology for assessment
- Introduction to mediation practice in Hong Kong and internationally
- Introduction to advocacy standards and competencies of the Standing Conference of Mediation Advocates (SCMA) and International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocates Association (IPDRAA)
- How the advocate can use the global Dispute Resolution Platform of IDRRMI to handle International Disputes and Risk Management
- Applicants should be an Assessor or Trainer of Mainland - Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center (MHJMC) and / or IDRRMI / a Trainer of Hong Kong Mediation Centre (HKMC)
- Conversant with mediation theories, skills and their applications
- Good communication skills and have the ability to adapt their communication styles to suit the needs of target participants
- Good command of both written and spoken Putonghua, while proficiency in English will be an added advantage
Prior to attending this course, it is recommended that the participants have detailed understanding of mediation process and applications of skills. Participants will be required to undertake some pre-reading tasks.
Issue of Certificates
- Certificate of Attendance will be presented to participants with 70% attendance for the course.
- Certificate of Completion will be presented to participants with 70% or above attendance for the course and a pass grade in the assessment.
- With the Certificate of Completion, participants will be eligible to be a member of AMATI and an Advocacy Trainer and / or Assessor of IDRRMI within 1 year upon completion of this course.
25 October 2018 (Thursday)
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
21/F, Success Commercial Building, 245-251 Hennessey Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
HKMC: 7 points
MHJMC: 7 points
IDRRMI: 7 points
- the completed enrolment form via the Google Link below: https://goo.gl/forms/ytBxUQoZ7najt3qG3
- Registration of Interest
- course fee to 21/F, Success Commercial Building, 245-251 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong in person or by mail or email on or before 8 October 2018.
1. Cheque (Hong Kong Bank Account Holder)
Cheque should be made payable to "Mainland - Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center Limited” / 「內地—香港聯合調解中心有限公司」.
2. Bank Transfer (Hong Kong Bank Account Holder)
Please transfer your course fee to the following account.
Bank Name：BANK OF CHINA (HONG KONG) LIMITED
Bank Account：Mainland - Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center Limited
Bank Account Number：012-704-0-007316-3
3. Please write your full name, contact number and the course title on the back of your cheque or copy of the bank-in slip and send to IDRRMI by mail or email.
For other payment methods, please contact Mr. Hin Lee at +852 2866 1800 or via email at email@example.com.
8 October 2018 (Monday)