Core Dispute Resolution Advocacy Skills for Litigators, Counsels & Transactional Lawyers
A 3-day training course leading to assessment for Accredited Mediation Advocate status of the UK-based Standing Conference of Mediation Advocates (SCMA) and International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocate status of the International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocates Association (IPDRAA).
Key Learning Objectives
- Promoting mediation advocacy and international dispute resolution advocacy as essential tools in practice development
- Deriving significant income from mediation practice
- Identifying risk and reward in mediation strategy
- Understanding and meeting client needs
- Preparing for mediation – practical tips
- Using the mediator, using the process
- Identifying option generation for client gain
- Understanding when and how to say no
A. Mediation practice in Hong Kong and internationally and its application to you
B. The SCMA standards and competencies in mediation advocacy
C. The role of the lawyer / advocate in mediation
- Introduction to mediation practice in Hong Kong and internationally
- Introduction to advocacy standards and competencies of the Standing Conference of Mediation Advocates (SCMA) and International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocates Association (IPDRAA)
- How the advocate can use the global Dispute Resolution Platform of IDRRMI to handle International Disputes and Risk Management
D. Advanced Mediation Advocacy Modules (SCMA approved)
- Representation styles in mediation – models of approach
- Transitioning from competition to collaboration Working as a team
- Understanding client needs Facilitating the other side
- Controlling and refining the process Light-touch mediation
E. Extending your competence to International Dispute Resolution
- Risk prevention and corporate governance
- Using the global platform of dispute resolution to resolve commercial disputes
- Enforcement of the settlement agreement
- UNCITRAL Model Law on Mediation and the Mediation Convention
Issue of Certificates
- Certificate of Attendance will be presented to participants with 70% attendance for all sessions.
- Certificate of Completion will be presented to participants with 70% or above attendance for all sessions and a pass grade in the assessment.
- With the Certificate of Completion, participants will be eligible for membership of SCMA and admission as an International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocate of IPDRAA within 1 year upon completion of this course.
22 - 24 October 2018
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Shop 2, G/F, Pico Tower, 66 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
HKMC: 21 points
MHJMC: 21 points
IPDRAA: 21 points
- the completed enrolment form via the Google Link below: https://goo.gl/forms/nR36pyXNMBAu3Pjo2
- course fee to 21/F, Success Commercial Building, 245-251 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong in person or by mail or email on or before 8 October 2018.
1. Cheque (Hong Kong Bank Account Holder)
Cheque should be made payable to "International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocates Association Limited".
2. Bank Transfer (Hong Kong Bank Account Holder)
Please transfer your course fee to Bank of Communications (Account No: 382-544-100239105; Account Name: International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocates Association Limited).
3. Please write your full name, contact number and the course title on the back of your cheque or copy of the bank-in slip and send to IPDARAA by mail or email.
For other payment methods, please contact Mr. Hin Lee at +852 2866 1800 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8 October 2018 (Monday)